CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

We Miss you Grandma/GiGi and Duke Ellington?

Well today is the one year anniversay of my Grandma's death. Wow, it sure doesn't seem that long ago that my grandma passed away. We miss her very much, look at her pictures daily hanging on my fridge and always think of her. Here is a picture of me and grandma while I was prego w/ Colby. It's the only one I could find at the moment.

Grandma was such a mess and snotty and told everyone what she felt, when she felt it and didn't care if she upset anyone.. Ha! She always said you either "Say it like it is or don't say nothing at all"... Ok.. on to the next part of my title.. Who is Duke Ellington? Well, according to Carson who while sitting on the couch tonight looks at me all serious (while watching Steve Urkel by the way) says.."mom, you know that man Duke Ellington?" In my mind, I am thinking where did this come from and ummmm.. no, for some reason I can't remember Duke Ellington **Note to self: Google him later when carson is in bed..ha**..He tells me he was a piano player who got killed because he tried to have everyone let the black people in to the resturants and schools. Duke wanted everyone to be friends and somebody shot him because of this. Well... I am thinking this was Martin Luther King, Jr. Sooo.. I will be spending some time reviewing my history tonight. Mind you this boy just finished Kindergarten and told me he learned this in school. Welp.. Congrats to having a good teacher.hha...
**Hope everyone has a happy 4th and be safe. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.**


~~Quote my mom always uses.. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take; but my the moments that take your breath away"!!!! ~~

1 comments:

SweetiePunk Pendants & Photos said...

I like your picture of your grandma- our grandma's almost passed away on the exact same day which is odd- mine passed just days before yours- what counts though is the lives they lived and the people tehy touched - even if they were rude at times- hee hee.